Cambridge Underground 1984 p 37
Answers to Last Year's Quiz
- Where is McDougal's Cave -
- somewhere in "Tom Sawyer" by Mark Twain
- Who Visited Eldon -
- Defoe in "A Tour through the whole Island of Great
- ..and Wells -
- Defoe as above
- Who had a dig going -
- Mole in "The Wind in the Willows"
- Who was nearly eaten in a cave -
- Odyseus in "The Aeneid"
- Who lived in a hole -
- Bilbo Baggins in "The Hobbit"
- Who got lost -
- from "Three Men in a Boat" at Hampton Ct. Maze
- Who said -
- Bruce Bedford in "Challenge Underground"
- Whose door -
- Smaug's door on The Lonely Mountain in "The Hobbit"
- Who else got lost -
- from "A Passage to India" by E.M. Forster
- Who made a pilgrimage to a cave -
- Bruce Chatwin in "In Patagonia"
- Who compiled -
- Roget in his Thesaurus
- Who discovered a fairly large underground pitch -
- Alice in "Through
the Looking Glass"
- Who came out of a cave at night -
- Dante in "The Inferno"
- Who ate too much underground -
- Winnie the Pooh
Back to the questions
Index to Cambridge Underground
Table of Contents for Cambridge Underground 1984
Back to CUCC top page