Cambridge Underground 1973 p 12
CAMBRIDGE EXPEDITION 1972 TO THE FRENCH PYRENEES
MEMBERS: Nick, Jont, Guy, Evan, Andy, Martin, Ann, Mark, Bob, Julian,
William and various others at various times.
The expedition was plagued by bad weather for almost all of the time,
but some very good trips were managed and some exploration and surveying
done. The following is just a short diary to give a brief outline of what
happened and when.
- WED. 26th JULY :-
- Puits d'Anglas. Rigging in to the 100'.
- THURS 27th :-
- Puits d'Anglas. Continued rigging in.
- FRI 28th :-
- Eaux Chaudes and an unnamed resurgence.
- SAT 29th :-
- Puits d'Anglas. Bottomed.
- SUN 30th :-
- Took William to hospital.
- MON 31st :-
- Puits d'Anglas. Derigging.
- TUE 1st AUGUST :-
- Eaux Chaudes. William's birthday.
- WED 2nd :-
- Moved to Pierre
- THUR 3rd :-
- walking. Tête Sauvage and CUCC 1
- FRI 4th :-
- Tried to find CUCC 3.
Bob and Julian try to take roof off CUCC 1
- SAT 5th :-
- Threw stones down BT5. William and Bob down BT6 to the 80'
- SUN 6th :-
- Walked up to CUCC 4 and 5, and went down 4.
- MON 7th :-
- Evan and Andy went to Betzula.
Nick and Jont went to Pau.
- TUE 8th :-
- Betzula survey.
William and Mark to CUCC 4 and 5.
Rest to 1 & 2.
- WED 9th :-
- Betzula. BT6 derigged.
Threw stones down the Pierre.
- THUR 10th :-
- Evan, Guy and Martin left. Overnight trip in Betzula.
- FRI 11th :-
- Tartez and Pau.
- SAT 12th :-
- Nothing. Overnight trip in the Pierre
- SUN 13th :-
- THE DAY. --- The sun shone!
- MON 14th :-
- Julian and Andy left. Moved camp up to Max's hut.
- TUES 15th :-
- WED 16th :-